High School and Middle School Program- June 19 - August 18 - Apply!
Come get experience, education and hands-on training in social justice organizing at our 8 week summer program. Develop leadership skills and give back to the community all while earning a bi-monthly stipend. Deadline to apply is May 25th.
- Be a young person that has been involved with the YLO of High / Middle School age.
- Must be able to work hours required and be flexible for volunteer time. Make up hour that were missed before the end of program. Must Complete full internship.
- Willingness and passion to participate in activities, workshop, cultural events and training program
- Desire to work on all of the organizations campaigns and projects.
- Openness to learn and think critically, question and strategize social issues
- Be responsible and accountable for time, projects and campaigns
- A willingness to improve communities.
- Be able to travel.
- HAVE FUN!!
College Program Ages 19-25 - May - August - Apply!
We are always interested in proposals from interested college students. College students in the past have worked on a community-based health campaign, developing living wage campaigns and researching clean energy policies. This year campaigns include urban agriculture, workers rights, underground libraries and ethnic studies and voter education.
- work at least 15 - 40 hrs a week (flexible)
- be able to travel
- share, participate & sometimes facilitate trainings, workshops, cultural events & other union activities
- car or other forms of transportation
Contact Sandra Garcia for more information! Download the application!
High School Application